CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Provident Living

Provident Living - it tends to be a hot topic these days. Be prepared! And I couldn't agree more. Especially giving a recent dream, I've admonished everyone I encounter to get a 72 hour kit. (Please get a 72 hour kits asap.) And I thought I was prepared...

...until today. I stayed home sick, and was shocked to discover that if one doesn't store up an adequate supply of DVR recordings (Tivo to some) you will be bored bored bored. Don't let this happen to you! If you haven't adequately prepared a fantastic set of pre-recorded tasteful and hilarious television you will be stuck with People's Court, Soap Operas and something I stumbled upon featuring Usher's comeback in which he talked about the battle with himself and his self expose on his upcoming album, all the while wearing leather gloves. I'm not going to lie. I learned some things. For example, now I know that if nursing doesn't work out, I am fully qualified to be a screenwriter for the 11:00am slot. Also, Usher's not as attractive as I thought when I was in highschool.

Let this be a lesson to you all. Please....please learn from my mistakes and not your own. There will come a day when you are trapped in your home. I just hope you have better TV to get you through it. Record, record, record! Let's be prepared, friends.

7 comments:

Seth and Kara Farnsworth said...

I hear ya! I am trapped in my home and I indeed have to have my steady line-up of DVR'd shows.

The Wimmer 5 said...

Ah, I love you. See the comeback to blogging wasn't all that bad was it? I have the lack of TV shows to thank for it. Thank you.

I love you. Once again.

Kristen Nicole said...

HO HO! Usher is too attractive! I just saw him on American Idol and the jacket he was wearing makes up for his surprisingly close set eyes. That's probably why he wears sunglasses always. And isn't he a little bit behind on revealing his alternate personality? Mimi and Sasha Fierce did it years ago, come on Raymond it's about time!

Rob and Mare said...

You're back!!!! You should stay home from work more often please. :)

Luke and Tiff said...

I think you might even be able to lobby for a 4 o'clock slot if you play your cards right and ask them to look at your clever writing on your blog.

mastermind said...

Well all I know is when Usher and I were having an in person conversation he looked mighty fine to me. Might-y fine indeed. And from the distance we were apart (what's 10yds when you're in the presence of fame?) I couldn't even tell that we were the same height. Ideal! I'm pretty sure if he hadn't been on the phone he would've asked me out. But I was in a rush and we didn't get to talk long - you know how that goes. Oh well. There will be other Ushers, I'm SURE.

Leah said...

This post is prompting me to confess that in the recent past, when I was asked to name a celebrity "boyfriend," I said "Usher." I saw him perform on Oprah once, and another time in a televised concert, and thought he was cute (SUNGLASSES, Kristen!), liked that he could dance, and enjoyed his voice. His height is also probably comparable to that of the hottest man in the world (whose name happens to start with "B"). THEN I happened, a few weeks ago, to catch him on tv wearing BLACK LEATHER CAPRIS and weird little booties and a BREASTPLATE (no shirt, mind you) for an outfit while he performed. HE HAS SHAMED ME!! Needless to say, we've broken up.