CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 17, 2011

Everyone (and thing) loves Mehgan.

Everybody that knows Mehgan Porter, loves Mehgan Porter. I can’t say that I blame them. Mehgan has been my best friend since we randomly lived together at BYU and she’s simply wonderful – intelligent (like really intelligent), funny, creative, spiritual, the best listener ever and extremely athletic. But one of the great things about Mehgan is that she’s also really humble and just kind of flies under the radar a lot of times, not really needing to assert her superiority. But if you are lucky enough to get to know her, you’ll discover that she is a wealth of all these talents plus an incredibly loyal and trustworthy friend who understands you and cares about you. This is why everybody loves Mehgan.

Turns out cancer loves Mehgan too. I can’t say that I blame it, although I am more than slightly perturbed at the fact. Mehgan has already gone through multiple tests, one major surgery and chemotherapy. This week she starts radiation. And then there’s more surgery. More chemo. So on and so forth. But the thing about Mehgan and cancer is that it doesn’t really get her too down. I know that I cry when baking experiments fail and weekend plans go awry. But not Mehgan. I was recently visiting her at her family’s house and she mentioned that if she had to get cancer she has everything she needs to get her through: good family, friends, ward, health insurance, time, support, encouragement, etc., etc. and that she feels very blessed. I guess that’s why Mehgan got cancer and not the rest of us, because the rest of us would’ve complained and whined and cried and made everybody around them feel terrible. But it’s Mehgan that got the cancer and Mehgan that is such a great example to everyone around her. So thank you Mehgan. For getting cancer and showing us all how trials are done right.

6 comments:

Carly said...

I really am so sorry to hear about your friend. I'm amazed at her good example. And even though this is a post of the sadder kind, I'm celebrating your return to the blogging world. I nearly wrote on your FB wall today about your promise to return to your blog. This was inspired. Love.

Kristen Nicole said...

I love Mehgan...that's all.

Anonymous said...

Me too. She is one amazing woman. Wish I could take credit, but she came that way. :-)

Dawney said...

I was so excited to see your blog pop up to the top of our blogroll- but so sad to read it. I'm sorry, and I hope everything works out well for your friend.

Courtney said...

Good to see you on here again! And what an awesome tribute to come back with. :) Ditto on everything you said.

mastermind said...

Dear Kelly. I love you. You are the best. Love Mehgan.