CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

There's no place like home; there's no place like home; there's no place...

But where is home? That is the question. I've been spending the week in Utah with my family, and this will always be home in a way, but do I want it to be my future home? There's a lot of merit to living here, namely the family, the mountains, the little playhouse out in the backyard my dad said I could have when I'm jobless...but there's also a lot of merit to living outside of Utah. So. This is not like a vocab quiz. As much as literary skills matter to me, this matters even more. Choose wisely. I'm approaching a crossroad in life, graduating and job interviewing, and all that junk.

Where oh where should I go?

a. Santa Monica - move, you say? I know. I already live here. And love it. And live by a beach and a cupcake shop. Does it get any better?
b. Fargo, North Dakota- a lot of MASH games in church had me ending up here. You can't argue with fate.
c. Salt Lake - my sister will be living there and I could live with her. Living with Kristen would mean endless fun and probably a makeover or two.
d. Washington, DC - I think I could really enjoy the East coast and I've always planned on living there for at least seven years. Now's as good a time as any to start.
e. New York City - I've lived there before for a brief stint and quite enjoyed it sans the lack of sky. But they have a lot of pastry shops and pastry shops can highly compensate for really any lack.
f. Chicago - Chicago is so much cleaner and prettier than NYC. (No offense). So if I was going to choose a big city, why not go with the hygenic one?
g. Buffalo - I have a new found love for the Buffalo Bills.
h. Alternative choices: Seattle, Boston, Orange County
i. Forget the whole thing. Don't get a job. Start a cookie shop on the beach. Live off my earnings and sleep in the kitchen.

7 comments:

The Wimmer 5 said...

I'm not sure that it's really necessary that I actually cast a vote. I think you already know where I would prefer you to be...
But I am open to any options that might prove to be "successful" for you. If you catch my drift.

Rob and Mare said...

I choose C please. Or was there a "live at your parents" choice? Well I choose that one. All of the other choices are ridiculous. I won't hear of such a thing unless it's the right one. (Which is C or living with your parents.)

Courtney said...

Can I add a new option? San Diego. With me. Not as many cupcake shops, but lots of mexican food and great donuts. You're still close to the beach, but live in less of a concrete jungle. Think about it, and we'll talk. ;o)

mastermind said...

Hm, I think it's bold of you to try and thwart MASH fate by throwing out "other options." As if you actually HAD other options. Really you're moving to Fargo, it's just that your rational mind hasn't accepted it yet. And who can blame you?

Also, as I recall, your MASH future decreed that your husband will be a doctor but your kids won't have shoes. MASH may be a harsh mistress but hey....you did marry a doctor.

Kylee said...

Oh Kelly! How I miss you. You should move to Sahuarita, Arizona to live by me (at least for the winter months) and I will home-make you any kind of pastry or treat you want any time. Sound like a deal? We'll offer you room and board in trade for your expertise in literary skills and nursing, of course. Love you mucho!

Kristen Nicole said...

I have recently been considering New York. Will you join me?

Luke and Tiff said...

My vote is for Seattle with me, your BNF forever! Plus, it is close to Forks and you do owe Edward for cutting you that check to help with tuition :)