CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

BYU vs. UCLA: Round II

Sometimes I really enjoy contemplating the differences between my current university (UCLA) and my former (BYU). One might say that there is a stark contrast.

Today while on campus I picked up UCLA's newspaper, The Daily Bruin. Much to my delight, emblazoned across the front page was the headline, "Undie Run Route Revised." Yes, you read it right - a snafu of underwear has occurred. The "Undie Run" is an annual tradition where hundreds of students strip to their skivies and traipse around Westwood. But oh no! It's been deemed unsafe! Not because of the unapologetic lack of propriety or the rampant STD's that will ensue mere hours after the run, only because the ending point wasn't well lit. Unsafe indeed. But don't worry, the route is revised. Crisis averted.

Out of curiosity, I looked up the cover story of BYU's newspaper, The Daily Universe, to see what kind of catastrophes were being conjured up in Provo and if they were comparable. "Unique Study Habits Manifest During Finals" was on the cover. The article expounded on various study venues of students: what is best? Music? Quiet? Groups? Tough decisions. Tough. Decisions. But as far as I know, students at BYU are still studying fully dressed, which is a good sign.

I love my schools.

3 comments:

Camie said...

I refuse to let another of your visits end without you and I getting together. At least we have WFF to look forward to... but I really would like some quality CK time. And I appreciate the donation. I'll buy them! I've been talked into it.

The Wimmer 5 said...

So, the question that you left unanswered is, are you going to be participating in the run or not? The suspense is killing me.

mastermind said...

As a master of nursing I believe it was your responsibility to participate in the undie run as a medic. While I believe that traditionally you are only supposed to wear undies on the run (and probably shoes), I don't think anyone would give you a hard time if you were ALSO wearing a backpack full of first aid supplies. Uncomfortable maybe, but necessary. As you stated, the run is fraught with danger. A well trained medic is important. I hope you didn't let your student body down....