CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Welcome to the Land of the Free, Home of the Brave

Lake Powell is the greatest place on earth. You may not believe me, but also, you may not have been there. Miles of perfection stretched out under the hot sun, surrounded by magestic red rocks and steeped in family tradition. Why do I love Lake Powell so much? Oh, I don't know...

One of the top draws is Ultimate tubing. I believe what you're about to witness is Team Beta. It's hard to tell how fast we actually are moving. At least, we like to think that we're moving really fast and performing unthinkable feats. Basically it's 5 tubes, around 7 players at a time, endless jumping, leaping, switching tubes, hanging on for dear life, and trying to prevent good 'ole dad from knocking us all off. If you challenge him you'll probably hurt worse the next day. When you fall off (because you WILL fall off) the boat doesn't stop. We just leave your little head bobbing in the vast lake until a sea-doo comes to fetch you. Ultimate is the only word that describes it. I highly recommend such an activity.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!


Another draw is the family. They are a dedicated bunch. Here's Kristen, dad and I posing after the Homemade Houseboat Olympics Awards Ceremony, brought to you by the moms of the Houseboat. Well done moms.


We are blessed to have good friends join us every year. Good friends make the world go round. I wish I could get the whole bunch in one shot. But we were never that organized. Here are 4/5th's of the 2008 crew.

Host unlimited photos at slide.com for FREE!

I have decided that this should be a 2 part post. It might get too long and my gushing might get annoying, so I'll write more later. Probably tomorrow. If your appetite for Lake Powell charms is not yet satiated, Marilyn has a great album on her blog at http://robandmare.blogspot.com/2008/08/lake-powell-2008.html. Marilyn's the best.

3 comments:

Kylee said...

Happy Birthday Kel! I have some great memories of your b-day in Lake Powell. Love you! Miss you! Hope you have a great day!

Rob and Mare said...

HOORAY for Lake Powell!
That was so much fun this year. You are getting so good at wake boarding. (Mother Earth misses you when you leave it as often as you do now)

And I hope you had a happy birthday. I heard about your party and it sounded way fun. Now all we have to look forward to is your half-birthday!:)

Sara Ellis said...

I feel so gypped that I have never experienced Ultimate Tubing. I have only experience Regular Type, Mediocre Tubing. Now I know what I have been missing. And now I'll never be satisfied until this is rectified. Tears.